Operations Research/ Industrial Engineering 2010

Deleted

UNC-Chapel Hill for sure....

UNC-Chapel Hill is far more prestigious and selective than NC State.

okay..thanks..

you posted earlier about the placements in UNC..can you send across the link please..i can't find the placement statistics anywhere..

also, seems the univ has not offered fin aid to anyone..in that case is loan the only option..am not sure if the univ offers loans to international students..

Edited by shorsh

okay..thanks..

you posted earlier about the placements in UNC..can you send across the link please..i can't find the placement statistics anywhere..

also, seems the univ has not offered fin aid to anyone..in that case is loan the only option..am not sure if the univ offers loans to international students..

Check the UNC's OR website yourself.... you can find placement info, and funding there... they do offer funding to MS students, though priority goes to PhD.

Check the UNC's OR website yourself.... you can find placement info, and funding there... they do offer funding to MS students, though priority goes to PhD.

yeaaah..i did that but could only find some companies listed but not the numbers..

i received a mail from them saying they cant offer fin. aid to MS students...

yeaaah..i did that but could only find some companies listed but not the numbers..

i received a mail from them saying they cant offer fin. aid to MS students...

Hey

I got into the MS OR program in UNC Chapel Hill aswell and yeah its true that they do not offer financial aid to any MS students.

Hey

I got into the MS OR program in UNC Chapel Hill aswell and yeah its true that they do not offer financial aid to any MS students.

Okay..So what have you decided..Are you joining..

Also, have you sent the enrollment deposit..? If not, till when are you planning to send it..

Edited by shorsh

Just wanted to if anybody heard back from UIUC's IESE program. Its been months and I have not heard anybody getting accepted or rejected by them. If anybody has any information about whats going on, please do let me know.

Thanks

UIUC IESE graduate coordinator is pretty difficult to deal with.... she is always late to respond, and sometimes she doesn't even respond your inquiry at all...

One tip of UIUC's IESE master's admission review process,... they don't have a "committee" to decide whom to admit (but they do decide whom to reject as a committee), once you pass the initial screening (rejection screening by committee), your file is circulated around the faculty, and if one faculty is interested in you and needs someone to work under him (with emphasis on the word, "needs"), then you are likely accepted..... if none of the faculty finds you to be suitable with their work, then you are not accepted....

Okay..So what have you decided..Are you joining..

Also, have you sent the enrollment deposit..? If not, till when are you planning to send it..

Sorry for the late response. I am waiting to hear back from George Mason and another university I applied to in Turkey. I would be able to decide then. I spoke to a student in UNC, who told me that he has not seen anyone going jobless in the last 3 yrs. So in the worst case I will go to UNC (ironic because it is the best school on my list).

About the deposit, I am going to talk to them today and see what they say. I will post what they tell me.

UIUC IESE graduate coordinator is pretty difficult to deal with.... she is always late to respond, and sometimes she doesn't even respond your inquiry at all...

One tip of UIUC's IESE master's admission review process,... they don't have a "committee" to decide whom to admit (but they do decide whom to reject as a committee), once you pass the initial screening (rejection screening by committee), your file is circulated around the faculty, and if one faculty is interested in you and needs someone to work under him (with emphasis on the word, "needs"), then you are likely accepted..... if none of the faculty finds you to be suitable with their work, then you are not accepted....

I see. I finally got rejected by them today. So I am relieved in a sense. Thanks for the information though.

Does anyone still waiting on application decision for MS-IE at Purdue? My application has been under review since mid Feb. I have send emails to Sandy and she she is saying it is still under review and I need to check the application portal for update. I want to know if there are any other people in this forum who is still waiting on MS-IE Purdue decision.

Does anyone still waiting on application decision for MS-IE at Purdue? My application has been under review since mid Feb. I have send emails to Sandy and she she is saying it is still under review and I need to check the application portal for update. I want to know if there are any other people in this forum who is still waiting on MS-IE Purdue decision.

I am sailing in the same boat. Under review since Feb end

Edited by indroopmakkar

any thoughts on Which is better as far as job prospects go?

Penn state MEng IE with dual degree in OR

Vs

Cornell MEng ORIE ?

Has any one heard from Cornell about the wait-list results? If not,any idea when they would declare the results?

Has any one heard from Cornell about the wait-list results? If not,any idea when they would declare the results?

I was told by Kathy i will hear by Friday but nothing so far... they said they still have some outstanding offers. I think that is unfair that they are keeping it open even past the deadline and making us wait like this

Me too, my MSIE application at Purdue is still under review !

By the way is here anyone who applied at OSU and still waiting to hear from them ?

Edited by Moha

Vs

Cornell MEng ORIE ?

Vs

Cornell MEng ORIE ?

I was told by Kathy i will hear by Friday but nothing so far... they said they still have some outstanding offers. I think that is unfair that they are keeping it open even past the deadline and making us wait like this

Yes It is unfair indeed. Lets hope they announce the results, at least this week.

Just a small request.. Every one who is not taking up their Cornell Admit please decline the offer as soon as you can

so that the waitlist moves up.

All the best 18apples. I know you've been on the waitlist for a long time. I know atleast one person who's not taking up his Cornell admit.

Did you hear anything from Columbia since ?