NYU Steinhardt MA Higher Ed Question

higherED2010

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard from someone who works at NYU that the graduate assistantship with the higher ed program helps out with tuition a lot there, but I don't have an exact number for you. You should call or email admissions as ask for some numbers - I asked how much the grad assistantship pays when I looked at Penn since it's so expensive. Where else have you applied if you don't mind me asking? Have you heard from anywhere yet? Good luck with NYU - I didn't apply but I've heard great things about the program.

I've heard from someone who works at NYU that the graduate assistantship with the higher ed program helps out with tuition a lot there, but I don't have an exact number for you. You should call or email admissions as ask for some numbers - I asked how much the grad assistantship pays when I looked at Penn since it's so expensive. Where else have you applied if you don't mind me asking? Have you heard from anywhere yet? Good luck with NYU - I didn't apply but I've heard great things about the program.

Thanks for the information. I'll try to email admissions and see if they can give me some numbers on the assistantship.

I applied to UPenn, Harvard, Teachers College and NYU (all either MA or EdM degrees). I haven't heard back from any, but if I read the website correctly NYU should send out acceptances/rejections out mid to late February (well at least to interview for the internship positions). Hopefully all goes well. Good luck with your applications.