Cornell ECE

chocker

How would I know? I'm in nanofab. I don't know anything about CS (or even the "CE" part of ECE).

Chocker, don't be so down on yourself. Just try not to worry too much. I'm sure you'll get in somewhere great. Honestly, I think that in the PhD program finding a good mentor (which you can do at many schools) is way more important than brand name. For example, while I didn't apply there, I really like some of the people in NC State's EE department. I got a lot of my friends to apply there.

This is the hardest part. Thanks for your good wish.

yes it's all about finding the right adviser in the right place.

Edited by chocker

This is the hardest part. Thanks for your good wish.

yes it's all about finding the right adviser in the right place.

I'm in the same position as quadsbaby - no clue about CS, although I guess it would be among the more competitive non-engineering programs. I have always wondered which programs would be more competitive - the engineering and physical sciences ones, which take in more students, or some humanities/socials sciences ones, the kinds of which I read about in these forums, that have 70-80 applicants for 2-3 positions?

I'm in the same position as quadsbaby - no clue about CS, although I guess it would be among the more competitive non-engineering programs. I have always wondered which programs would be more competitive - the engineering and physical sciences ones, which take in more students, or some humanities/socials sciences ones, the kinds of which I read about in these forums, that have 70-80 applicants for 2-3 positions?

looks like we three are the only applicants in Cornell's ECE program. B)

waiting for the inevitable

Look at it this way - from the posts in the results list, it seems that those who have already been rejected in the 1st round are being notified. One may reasonably guess that they are finalising financial support for those who have been accepted. So if you haven't got a rejection mail yet, then you haven't been rejected. If neither of those, you may find solace in that you are on the waitlist ;)

Look at it this way - from the posts in the results list, it seems that those who have already been rejected in the 1st round are being notified. One may reasonably guess that they are finalising financial support for those who have been accepted. So if you haven't got a rejection mail yet, then you haven't been rejected. If neither of those, you may find solace in that you are on the waitlist ;)

yah. That's what my positive side tends to think.

On the other hand, if I look at the 2009 rejections I find rejections are given in successive weeks.

Damn !! its a nasty mind game.

haha