CSU's charge different tuition??

Catlover133

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if California State Universities can charge different amounts for tuition for graduate programs? 

Side note: I'm hoping to go to CSU San Marcos and noticed that San Diego State is cheaper.

6 answers to this question

Both CSU San Marcos and CSU San Diego graduate tuition fees are the same for this year, but the campus-based fees at San Marcos are about $300 more per year, resulting in $8,649 vs. $8,350 for San Diego. Next academic year will likely be similar.

p.s. I have invisible boxes all around this text-box that I can't seem to get rid of and that are awkwardly taking up hella room. I apologize. And I feel like Lolly in Orange is the New Black.

53 minutes ago, GreenEyedTrombonist said:

I have no idea if they're technically supposed to. Is the difference in the tuition or in the fees? Fees are decided by each individual campus and may be why you see a difference in price.

That makes sense. It's confusing too though when one school says how much they charge a year for full time and the other just says how much they charge per unit.

Thanks though that's a really good point. :) 

13 minutes ago, OhSoSolipsistic said:

Both CSU San Marcos and CSU San Diego graduate tuition fees are the same for this year, but the campus-based fees at San Marcos are about $300 more per year, resulting in $8,649 vs. $8,350 for San Diego. Next academic year will likely be similar.

p.s. I have invisible boxes all around this text-box that I can't seem to get rid of and that are awkwardly taking up hella room. I apologize. And I feel like Lolly in Orange is the New Black.

Do you know if it differs by major? All i know is CSU San Marcos charges $499 per unit and has fees of $787 per semester. I'm planning on doing their 3 year program and I'd have to pay $787 8 times. 

San Diego State's MSW site says they charge $7800 per year for tuition and fees for full time students.

I doubt it, unless you're enrolling in a Education, Physical Therapy, or Nursing grad program. Those are the CSU system pages, so it'll be hard to get more official than that for fees. Your best bet would be to contact the CSU budget office at csubudgetoffice@calstate.edu or (562) 951-4560 for the most authoritative information.

25 minutes ago, OhSoSolipsistic said:

I doubt it, unless you're enrolling in a Education, Physical Therapy, or Nursing grad program. Those are the CSU system pages, so it'll be hard to get more official than that for fees. Your best bet would be to contact the CSU budget office at csubudgetoffice@calstate.edu or (562) 951-4560 for the most authoritative information.

ok great thank you! :)