getting worried...

osu233

I'm getting a bit apprehensive about the impending decisions coming up. Could anyone help me out a bit on where I might stand on gaining admission?

Undergrad (B.A.): Ohio State Univ.; 3.43 GPA; 3.7 in major.

Grad (M.A.): Miami Univ.; 3.68

GRE--Verbal: 690 Quant.: 600 Analy Writ.: 5.0

Schools where I applied: Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Illinois-Chicago, Loyola-Chicago, WUSTL, Texas-Austin, Arizona, Oregon, Indiana, Iowa, Mich. State, Univ of Denver, Colorado-Boulder, Pittsburgh.

Thanks a lot!

Don´t do this to yourself. No one here really knows. Just be patient and hope for the best.

Good luck!!!

Seba

I agree. This exercise is useful BEFORE application season starts, in order to determine the calibre of the schools you may apply to. Once you have applied it can do nothing but damage. The decisions are starting to roll over and you will hear soon enough. Just be patient, find yourself a hobby to take your mind off.

Good luck

I agree. This exercise is useful BEFORE application season starts, in order to determine the calibre of the schools you may apply to. Once you have applied it can do nothing but damage. The decisions are starting to roll over and you will hear soon enough. Just be patient, find yourself a hobby to take your mind off.

Good luck

Where did you apply to in the University of Denver?

The previous posters are correct. Just hang tight and decisions will be coming out shortly. I think you have a good shot at some of those so you shouldn't be too worried.

A couple of suggestions for ways to pass the time:

1) US vs. Honduras soccer friendly tonight at 8pm on Fox Soccer Channel

2) Liquor - good time for a Manhattan

3) Thomas Schelling's "Micromotives and Macrobehavior"

4) Take a stab at making "Steak au Poivre"

5) Go for a run - Spring break is about 7 weeks away

If you'd like a book list, I'd be more than happy to put one together for any of you depending on your subfield.

Seriously, no sweat.

all u need to know is that (i think) these are not impossible schools for u. other than that, it is simply a matter of how lucky you are :) you could get accepted by all of those schools, or get rejected by all of'em. and i realized that hanging out on this site is not a way to forget about this applications business :)