official response: no response yet

the_communicator

Last fall I applied to a mass communication Ph.D program at a high-ranking CA school. As of today, 4/13, I still haven't received a response. Given the late date, I called this week and asked about my acceptance status.

They have my file, but no decision has been made yet, and no more information is available. So, the "official response" is: no response!

I received responses weeks ago from the other two programs I applied to. From what I understand, it is very unusual for the process to be delayed this long.

What does it mean? Is there such a thing as an unofficial wait list? Or perhaps all responses for this school & program are delayed?

I think there is an "unofficial" waitlist. I went through the "grad school" emails that I saved and found one from last fall from this school. The graduate coordinator said that if you are waitlisted you may not hear from them until the end of April. HOWEVER, someone posted on the results page here that they got a letter TELLING them they were waitlisted (from this program). So I don't know what the hell is going on. :?

Thanks ppl, I feel much better.

Nobody, including my father who has taught at the university level for 25+ years, has been able to tell me what's going on because policies differ across universities.

I really don't mind if I don't get in, because with the research & projects I'm working on now I'll be a slam dunk next year :twisted:

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use