Visitation Weekend Dates

so47

This is a place to compile all the dates for Accepted Students Weekends. If you have been accepted and been notified of the dates to visit, post them here to share! I will update them in the OP as dates are posted :)

I am sure of this one, it is in my acceptance letter:

Cornell: March 5-6, March 26-27

These ones I am fairly sure of, from their websites but I'll check when I get the official info (Accepted at UNC-CH, still waiting on Yale though):

UNC-CH: March 12-13, March 26-27

Yale: March 25-26

• 1 month later...

So has anyone gone on their visits yet? My first one is Cornell this weekend, I am so excited!

I visited Chicago last weekend. It was great to be spoiled and it really helps you picture what life would be like if you decide to go there in the fall. Make sure to talk to the grad students as much as possible since they will give you the best info on what an adviser is really like and what it's like living in the city/town.

I visited Chicago last weekend. It was great to be spoiled and it really helps you picture what life would be like if you decide to go there in the fall. Make sure to talk to the grad students as much as possible since they will give you the best info on what an adviser is really like and what it's like living in the city/town.

Yeah, I have heard a lot about talking to the grad students. Cornell actually assigned me a first year grad student to be my "student host," and she offered to give me a personal tour and such. So that seems like a good way to talk to someone one on one about it. Are the grad students really honest about it though? I just wonder if they are under a lot of pressure from the department to make the school look good lol.

I'm surprisingly a bit nervous about the visit! I know I shouldn't be because at this point they are trying to impress me, but I can't help but be a bit antsy about it! Are the faculty interviews you do pretty informal? Or should you treat it more like a job interview and prepare detailed questions about their research?

Yeah, I have heard a lot about talking to the grad students. Cornell actually assigned me a first year grad student to be my "student host," and she offered to give me a personal tour and such. So that seems like a good way to talk to someone one on one about it. Are the grad students really honest about it though? I just wonder if they are under a lot of pressure from the department to make the school look good lol.

I'm surprisingly a bit nervous about the visit! I know I shouldn't be because at this point they are trying to impress me, but I can't help but be a bit antsy about it! Are the faculty interviews you do pretty informal? Or should you treat it more like a job interview and prepare detailed questions about their research?

Yeah, everyone at Chicago had a host as well which was useful. They'll be honest about how much time their adviser expects them to put in the lab per week and whether they are a slavedriver or not (first years might not have a good feel for that yet though); there was a panel discussion at Chicago with just current grad students and the prospectives which gave a good insight into where to live in the city and what the requirements are really like for the students.

Our faculty interviews were informal with a group of 3-5 prospectives which took the pressure off having to ask questions; it was pretty much just the professor talking about what their research was and then being available to answer any questions.

• 2 months later...

Himalayan SALAJEET is a compound that is attributed to have magical

capabilities. It is considered by the natives of Himalayan Range Indian

Yogis to be a gift from God because it is an elixir of longevity… a

veritable fountain of youth. For centuries, SALAJEET remained a closely

guarded secret.

To explore how it is equally good for men & women health please visit :

www.7dgms.com

Yes, you'll find graduate students to be the perfect audience at which to target your scams. We're so gullible and loose with our money.