What are my chances of acceptance into history PhD?

hellas93

I am a MA student at Queen's University in Ontario Canada and I have applied to 4 PhD programs. I was wondering what my chances of getting into either Queen's, York, Trent, or Ottawa would be.

I have a 4.1 GPA from my BA but because my school does one-year MAs, I have no official grades from my new school. I have a SSHRC master's award which basically entitled me to a free MA; I have also passed the initial competition for the PhD SSHRC award; something only 2 MAs have done this year in history at my school

While I know my chances aren't bad, im still quite nervous about being accepted into a program. The fear is magnified by the fact that I don't have a backup plan to academia at the moment.

I am a MA student at Queen's University in Ontario Canada and I have applied to 4 PhD programs. I was wondering what my chances of getting into either Queen's, York, Trent, or Ottawa would be.

I have a 4.1 GPA from my BA but because my school does one-year MAs, I have no official grades from my new school. I have a SSHRC master's award which basically entitled me to a free MA; I have also passed the initial competition for the PhD SSHRC award; something only 2 MAs have done this year in history at my school

While I know my chances aren't bad, im still quite nervous about being accepted into a program. The fear is magnified by the fact that I don't have a backup plan to academia at the moment.

I would recommend reposting this on the history subforum but I'd add 1) what scale your GPA is (I assume it's out of 5, but it could be a 4.3 scale) 2) What your subfield is (agains I assume Greek history of some kind... modern, one presumes, though if it were Byzantine that might have a different caculus). I am neither Canadian nor in a history program so I personally cannot evaluate your odds, but try reposting that in the History subforum. I have seen several Canadians roaming around there. For what it's worth, the awards seem to indicate the strength of your canidacy, and I imagine if you're a good fit for professors at those schools you will be at the very least competative.