SJSU MSW

AutumnSweater

6 hours ago, Clementine75 said:

I'm so sorry for not responding! I thought I'd get an email if someone mentioned me--oops!

Namaste-I'm in the mental health section. I look forward to meeting you!!!

jennuinne27- I just got the call from Dr. Lee yesterday and he said they still have to secure people who were accepted before going through the waiting list. I haven't heard anything at all about the three year part time program. 

AutumnSweater-yes! And I wish you the best of luck!

i hope to meet all of you soon. By the way, Dr Lee called to offer me the position after I had already accepted through the school and signed up for orientation. So I don't think it's a bad idea to check in :)

take care:)

Congrats to everyone getting in!!!

Does anyone know if they have started telling people who haven't gotten in? 

Like I would just like to know either way so I can figure things out with other schools. 

Thank you!!

1 hour ago, a_then_a said:

Congrats to everyone getting in!!!

Does anyone know if they have started telling people who haven't gotten in? 

Like I would just like to know either way so I can figure things out with other schools. 

Thank you!!

Same here! I haven't heard from the school, not changes in my status... 

Hello everyone! :)

San Jose has Rolling admissions, which means they accept people who submitted their applications first. let's say if you applied in November, you will get notifications earlier than those who applied in January.

would the people who already got admitted mind sharing when they submitted their apps?

I spoke on the phone with the department and the lady told me notifications will be sent from now until the end of May. She could not give me more info.

The wait continues for most of us!! 

11 minutes ago, AutumnSweater said:

Hello everyone! :)

San Jose has Rolling admissions, which means they accept people who submitted their applications first. let's say if you applied in November, you will get notifications earlier than those who applied in January.

would the people who already got admitted mind sharing when they submitted their apps?

I spoke on the phone with the department and the lady told me notifications will be sent from now until the end of May. She could not give me more info.

The wait continues for most of us!! 

This is funny, i just called the girls was very hostile by the way. She told me exactly the same as she said to you!!!! good luck!!! Autumn

Hello all! I too am waiting to find out if I was accepted. I applied in Oct (mentor app) and Jan (MSW app). I've called numerous times and was told the same that they were still evaluating applications. I wish everyone the best of luck and hopefully I'll be seeing a few of you at school

Hello everyone! Welcome Kdubb Winston to the thread! 

No news from my end and slowly losing hope ugh. 

Ive been thinking on a plan B, in case this waiting transforms in a rejection.

do you guys have been thinking on a plan B as well?

Happy Monday everyone!

Thank you Autumn!

I only applied to SJSU so I'm hoping things work out. I noticed that Financial Aid deferred my tuition fees but nothing else. I think it's a shame we have to wait this long to find out.

My plan B is to apply at East Bay next open enrollment

I just noticed I received the financial aid deferment as well, on April 27th. However that probably just happens after the fafsa is done and the financial aid department gets the information. 

43 minutes ago, Ashleyep95 said:

I just noticed I received the financial aid deferment as well, on April 27th. However that probably just happens after the fafsa is done and the financial aid department gets the information. 

I believe that's probably what it is. Crazy how financial aid finished the process before admissions

Hi all!

I've been stalking this thread for awhile now, in hopes to find out that you've all been accepted! I applied for the MSW Online program, but still haven't heard back yet. Did anybody else apply for the online program, and do we know if they're accepting students who applied for the On Campus programs first?

This process is driving me nuts!!

Also, is it too late to apply for Financial Aid? *yikes*

Good luck to everybody :)

9 hours ago, isicakes said:

Hi all!

I've been stalking this thread for awhile now, in hopes to find out that you've all been accepted! I applied for the MSW Online program, but still haven't heard back yet. Did anybody else apply for the online program, and do we know if they're accepting students who applied for the On Campus programs first?

This process is driving me nuts!!

Also, is it too late to apply for Financial Aid? *yikes*

Good luck to everybody :)

Hi Isicakes, welcome!

i think it's not too late to apply for financial aid as I added another school last week and they processed the request two days later. 

They've been calling from the on campus AND the online program at the same time. I was also hoping the on campus applicants would go first, but someone else commented here she had a friend who got accepted for the online program a month ago or so.

lets keep crossing fingers! 

I agree that this wait game is crazy, my supervisor applied to the MPA program at SJSU and he turned in his stuff last minute, on the last day everything was due back in march and they already sent him an acceptance letter last week.

I only applied to SJSU and this waiting game Is giving me anxiety, I check my sjsu every morning and the status doesn't change. :'( my plan B is the same as Kdubb and apply to East Bay on their next open enrollment. which sucks because east bay isn't where I saw myself at. 

Hi there!

i was wondering if anyone had any news too...

also interested to know If anyone got a rejection letter, or have any updates. 

I honestly don't understand what are they doing. The majority of the candidates must have had accepted other options by now. What are they thinking taking so long to deliver the news, either if it's acceptance or rejection?

nothing on my end for now.

Edited by AutumnSweater
Typo

Nothing on my end either. This is the only school I'm waiting on. Couldn't imagine how much crazier I'd be if I had other schools to decide on. I'm hoping we hear in the next two weeks. It's ridiculous how long it's taking! I didn't think they'd wait until June, but it's starting to look like it....

If it were a rejection, I'd be devastated! It would make sense for the rejections to come out earlier in the process.

Hello everyone! I haven't gotten word either. I don't understand why it's taking this long. I'm confused as to why they contacted the full-time and online candidates but not the part-time folks. This has been a grueling several months. The anxiety is killing me. I'm sure they will wait until the last week of the month to tell us but doesn't classes start in June? 

Edited by Kdubb Winston

1 hour ago, Kdubb Winston said:

Hello everyone! I haven't gotten word either. I don't understand why it's taking this long. I'm confused as to why they contacted the full-time and online candidates but not the part-time folks. This has been a grueling several months. The anxiety is killing me. I'm sure they will wait until the last week of the month to tell us but doesn't classes start in June? 

I don't know why they only contacted full and online candidates only. Maybe they're contacting part time candidates the last? I'm not sure what's their reasoning honestly as many of the candidates who had many offers from other institutions have probably had accepted by now. 

Classes start in August or early September, that's my understanding.

Hi everyone! I've also applied to the MSW hybrid online program and still haven't heard anything. I really can't believe it takes this long for admissions to get back to us. I hope we hear good news. 

I looked at the results from last year and it seemed the end of may (like the 26th) was the last results from the MSW program. There was at least one acceptance and at least one rejection. From what I have heard I believe a lot of the rejections come from mail. 

Hello everyone! I wanted to share an update with you all as soon as I had one. I found out I was accepted on May 2nd by checking by MySJSU portal. Mr. Lee called on May 9th to "officially" offer the admission. The wait was killing me as well! Good luck to you all!!