What are some grad schools that I could get into?

ChemGuy2333

Question

Hello,

I am currently a senior at a private liberal arts school in Massachusetts. My school is very competitive and extremely hard to get an A in. I currently have a 3.0 GPA and 4 years of research along with strong faculty recommendations. I was hoping to pursue a PhD program in the New England area (preferably Boston). Can you guys think of some schools that I could get into?

2 answers to this question

@ChemGuy2333 Grad schools look at match more than anything. If you know what your intended direction will be in, begin looking for schools and see at which schools the faculty's research best matches your interests, ideally even talk to a potential mentor in the process. The name of the school matters little, and the match alone will make you a more competitive candidate than others.

Edited by ThousandsHardships

The fact that you are applying into the same region that your school is in could be good since you said your school has a well known reputation for making it hard to get an A. It is hard to recommend schools without knowing what field you are interested in though. Your mentors in this case are a good place to go for suggestions. They should have an idea of what schools you should aim for with your record and also what programs are currently doing good research.

Applied:6 Accepted: 2 Waitlisted: 1 Rejected: 2 Waiting On: 1