Deferred to Part Time

taracot

Hi all,

Today I got a letter from Simmons saying that I had been admitted to the part time program but could not offer me admission to the full time program (which is what I applied to). I'm not planning on attending due to cost and living expenses, but does this mean anything? Was I not qualified enough to get into the full-time program, or was it due to space? I applied before the priority deadline. I'm also coming right out of undergrad (and I am not a SW major).

Does this mean anything? Should I be more worried about getting into my other two schools? (I found out I got into Fordham the other day).

Thanks.

On 2/18/2017 at 3:18 PM, taracot said:

Hi all,

Today I got a letter from Simmons saying that I had been admitted to the part time program but could not offer me admission to the full time program (which is what I applied to). I'm not planning on attending due to cost and living expenses, but does this mean anything? Was I not qualified enough to get into the full-time program, or was it due to space? I applied before the priority deadline. I'm also coming right out of undergrad (and I am not a SW major).

Does this mean anything? Should I be more worried about getting into my other two schools? (I found out I got into Fordham the other day).

Thanks.

It could be for a variety of reasons. From reading forums over the last few years, this has happened to other users. Sometimes it's due to space, other times it's the program making the decision to put you in a less intense program due to GPA, lack of experience, etc. You could always ask them and find out! I don't think it will have any impact on the other schools you're applying to. Congrats on getting into Fordham!

14 hours ago, bquinn said:

It could be for a variety of reasons. From reading forums over the last few years, this has happened to other users. Sometimes it's due to space, other times it's the program making the decision to put you in a less intense program due to GPA, lack of experience, etc. You could always ask them and find out! I don't think it will have any impact on the other schools you're applying to. Congrats on getting into Fordham!

Hey, thank you so much for your response! I'm thinking it may be due to lack of experience. My letter said "we were very impressed with your background and credentials," but I feel like they probably say it to everyone, and I don't have as much experience compared to others. I have a 3.44 GPA, I'm not sure if that's above or below the average.  I feel better now though, and thank you, I really appreciate it!