My chances for PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Pharmacology?

Cannabissativa

Undergrad Institution: No-name pharmacy school from SE-Asian country (Although top 3 in my country)
Major(s):  Pharmacy; Pharmaceutical Sciences
Minor(s): None
GPA in Major: 3.7
Overall GPA: 3.7
Position in Class: Top 5%
Type of Student: International

GRE Scores (revised/old version):
Q: 162
V: 157
W: 4.5
B: 

TOEFL: 110

Research Experience: 

1. Internship in neuropharmacology at my country's number one medical school. 

2. Internship in formulation development at my country's number one pharmaceutical company (Among top 5 generic manufacturers in the world).

3. Internship in vaccine development at a research lab sponsored by two of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies of the world.

4. Student researcher for one year each under two different professors of pharmaceutics (Worked on drug delivery).

5. Student researcher for one year under my professor of pharmacology.

Awards/Honors/Recognitions: Some awards in pharma-related competitions. Nothing extraordinary.

Pertinent Activities or Jobs: None

Publications:

Have three review articles, out of which two have been published in international, peer-reviewed journals (Elsevier).

Have two research papers (International, Peer-reviewed). 

Co-authoring a book on drug delivery by Elsevier.

Any Miscellaneous Accomplishments that Might Help: Have done over 2 years of volunteering at a Nobel Peace Prize winning organization. Have helped in the rescue of over 230 children who were victims of trafficking, bonded labor, and slavery. Handled over 180 volunteers (which in turn, handled an audience of over 10,000 schoolchildren) for a very very large scale event.

Special Bonus Points: I have a lot of enthusiasm/charisma in person and interview fairly well. Undergraduate research is not common in my country (in my field). One of the first students in my university to do it. All recommendation letters would be pretty good as far as I know. 

Applying to Where:

University of Wisconsin Madison - PhD Pharmaceutical Sciences

University of Michigan Ann Arbor - PhD (Department of Pharmacoengineering and Molecular Pharmaceutics)

UNC Chapel Hill - PhD Pharmaceutics

University of Southern California - PhD Pharmaceutical Sciences

Purdue University - PhD Industrial & Physical Pharmacy

University of Florida - PhD Pharmaceutics

University of Minnesota Twin Cities - PhD Pharmaceutical Sciences

Rutger's University - PhD Pharmaceutical Sciences

University of Illinois at Chicago - PhD Pharmaceutical Sciences

University of Buffalo SUNY - PhD Pharmaceutical Sciences

University of Cincinnati - PhD Pharmaceutical Sciences

-----

Since not many students from my field apply to the US, so I have absolutely no clue where I stand.

I have a couple of questions: 

1. How would you rate my chances at these universities?

2. I am a little confused if I should apply for pharmacology programs as well (and reduce the number of PharmSci programs I apply to), how would I stand for PhD Pharmacology programs at universities like Harvard, Stanford, Cornell, Yale, Brown, Duke, Johns Hopkins, etc.?

Edited by Cannabissativa

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, SANJALIPANIGRAHI said:

Pharma grads applying for Fall 2022. I hope we all can come together to take follow ups regarding the interview process and official admits.

@Cannabissativacan you please tell us which university did you get into with this amazing profile.

I am interested in this follow-up as well... Better still, if there is a way to connect on wh.sapp

2 minutes ago, SANJALIPANIGRAHI said:

@Babajide sure.

We can wait for some more people to reply on this post so that we can create one.

Alright then. I have applied to 11 schools so far, got rejected by UCSF... How is it so far at your end?

1 minute ago, SANJALIPANIGRAHI said:

@Babajide I have applied for 3 schools till now having december deadlines. I will apply to Jan deadline universities soon.

Not heard from any of them (3) till now. I am expecting by Jan-Feb

Okay. Wishing you all the best. I am contemplating applying to more schools too. But I have been reading lately that it is advisable to cantact the PI you are interested in first. Do you contact the PI first before submitting your application?

2 minutes ago, SANJALIPANIGRAHI said:

@Babajide Before application, I didnt contact them. But after application, I contacted some of them. However, Only few of them replied! I dont think contacting them will make a difference (my view). Because they might be getting hundreds of mails by students.

Alright. Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...