Has anyone heard from CMU Heinz (MSPPM Pittsburgh?)

36 minutes ago, fallmpp2017 said:

Just got in to the D.C. track!

Ā 

16 minutes ago, impatientlywaiting26 said:

Also just accepted to the DC track!

Congrats!Ā  Anyone hearĀ from the Pittsburgh track?

Got into the D.C. the track with 50% scholarship! Super excited of course, but to be honest I was hoping for a little more! Am I reading the Heinz "Estimated Cost of Attendance" sheet on their website correctly? They charge around 23k per semester? That just seems steep compared to other programs I applied to, so I'm surprised. I'm one of those applicants who was so worried about getting in that I didn't lay out the financials as much as I should have during the application stage...

4 minutes ago, mpamppquestions said:

Congratulations to everyone who was admitted! Nothing in my inbox =/

Glad to learn I'm not the only one.Ā  WhatĀ do you make of it?Ā  I haven't completely lost hope yet: I submitted theĀ day before the deadlineā€”plus,Ā in prior years, it looks as though people received results over the course of a couple days.Ā  Ā Ā Ā 

4 minutes ago, jahock89 said:

Glad to learn I'm not the only one.Ā  WhatĀ do you make of it?Ā  I haven't completely lost hope yet: I submitted theĀ day before the deadlineā€”plus,Ā in prior years, it looks as though people received results over the course of a couple days.Ā  Ā Ā Ā 

I don't think there is anything to read into yet, this thread is a SUPER small sample size.Ā If we don't hear anything by the end of next week though then I would guess that it's unlikely we're getting in (based on the timeline for previous admissions cycles).

Ā 

EDIT: Did you JUST now receive an email? Congrats :)

Edited by mpamppquestions

20 minutes ago, mpamppquestions said:

I don't think there is anything to read into yet, this thread is a SUPER small sample size.Ā If we don't hear anything by the end of next week though then I would guess that it's unlikely we're getting in (based on the timeline for previous admissions cycles).

Ā 

EDIT: Did you JUST now receive an email? Congrats :)

I did.Ā Ā The email arrived at 6:30 pm, so they're working late!

7 minutes ago, jahock89 said:

Does anyone know whether it's customary for admitted students to negotiate their scholarship offer?Ā  That's the practice with law schools, but I'm not certain here.

Do you mind sharing what Heinz offered you in terms of scholarship? I totally get it if you don't, howeverĀ :)

Edited by mpamppquestions

3 hours ago, mpamppquestions said:

Anyone else here waiting for a letter one way or the other? Just seeing who else out there who applied bedforeĀ the deadline didn't hear back.

I applied before deadline and haven't heard anything

49 minutes ago, sleeplesswithcoffee said:

@mpamppquestionsĀ I'm still waiting! Though they emailed me saying they needed some information they had already received from me, so I replied to sort out the misunderstanding.

Ā 

Same. They requested some information from me on the score. Awaiting reply. This wait isĀ killing!Ā :unsure:

17 hours ago, mpamppquestions said:

Do you mind sharing what Heinz offered you in terms of scholarship? I totally get it if you don't, howeverĀ :)

Sure.Ā  They offered 50% tuition.Ā  I have a low undergraduate GPA, but very high GRE scores.Ā  I also have a law degree and aĀ long recordĀ of public service.Ā Ā 

Alright if I don't get a letter by the end of the week I'll make peace with the fact that Heinz is probably a no go for me. Until then, F5ing my email inbox until the cows come home! Although it would be a little surprising if I got rejected by Heinz when Syracuse'sĀ Maxwell School accepted me, since they seem more or less on par with each other in terms of competitiveness.Ā