Brown Engineering

errjun

• 9 months later...

If there is anyone from other departments that do work you are interested in, you could try contacting them as well. I'm not sure if that applies to your area of interest, but I've found that a lot of neural engineering work is done by people in physiology or neuroscience departments, and at a lot of schools they can still support people in BME.

That said, I am starting to get annoyed by profs not replying to emails. If they can't be bothered to send off a couple sentences to somebody who's paying $50 to apply, are they going to be absentee/jackass mentors as well?

Ah yeah I got that a few times too. Very annoying. I guess at this point you've already applied and you've made your interest known, so you might as well just wait it out? Hopefully it won't be long, though I'm starting to think Brown is a bunch of disorganized hippies that just sit around and get high while emails and phone calls pile up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

same here... they replied to my email saying May 15 being the deadline, they'll be sending out applications after said date... It feels like an infernally long wait :mellow:

In case any/all is wondering. I was accepted into Browns Dual MS Electrical Engineering/MS Entrepreneurship Engineering program. Had a meeting with the dean/program heads for both departments, they both said they there was nearly no chance you could get funded in the MS nor could you even handle the course load even if you did. They said that there are some part-time programs they offer paying an hourly wage, but once again said that the little pay you would get out of that program would not be able to even make a dent in the tuition.