NDSEG 2017

Humulus_lupulus

1 hour ago, chilge said:

Nope. From their Twitter, an hour ago... 

"Hi Robert! We are awaiting final instruction from the DOD to issue awards & apologize for the delay. Thank you for your continued patience!"

Do words mean nothing to NDSEG? "late March/early April" "early next week" "soon" "very soon" ... I don't care that we haven't been updated the status of our applications. But I'm tired of being told "award notifications are just around the corner!" for several weeks now. I'd rather they say nothing at all than keep giving us a timeline that they don't follow through on.

Eh. My guess is that the people at the NDSEG (and *especially* the people responsible for their social media) don't have much power over the various DoD agencies that make these choices. For all we know the NDSEG is just as exasperated with the DoD, for the same reasons.

5 minutes ago, pascal_barbots_wager said:

Eh. My guess is that the people at the NDSEG (and *especially* the people responsible for their social media) don't have much power over the various DoD agencies that make these choices. For all we know the NDSEG is just as exasperated with the DoD, for the same reasons.

I agree completely. The NDSEG is probably just relaying information from the DoD, and are probably a bit frustrated as well.

1 minute ago, eruwaedhiel said:

I just logged into https://ndseg.asee.org/award/ and got a message that I won!  I don't actually believe it, though, because It says I need to respond by April 12th (tomorrow), and I haven't gotten an email.  Other people should check, maybe everyone has this message.

I got that there is no information about my award status. :( Hoping that maybe they just haven't updated all of them!!!

12 minutes ago, clstlaurent said:

Mine also says there is no information about my award status. When did you last check before it updated to say you won? 

I had been checking around every hour (I know, I'm impatient...), so the notification is very new.  But, like I said, I'm pretty sure it's not official due to the date listed and the lack of email.

6 minutes ago, eruwaedhiel said:

I had been checking around every hour (I know, I'm impatient...), so the notification is very new.  But, like I said, I'm pretty sure it's not official due to the date listed and the lack of email.

Better accept it before they pick up on it! ;)

I just received the following email:

"We are pleased to inform you that your application is still being considered for an award at this time. As part of this process, you will be notified by our team once the Department of Defense has made their final decision."

Very...cryptic!

Edit: Looks like it may be an honorable mention/alternate notice, based on their most recent Facebook and Twitter posts.

Edited by flying_sloths

50 minutes ago, flying_sloths said:

I just received the following email:

"We are pleased to inform you that your application is still being considered for an award at this time. As part of this process, you will be notified by our team once the Department of Defense has made their final decision."

Very...cryptic!

Edit: Looks like it may be an honorable mention/alternate notice, based on their most recent Facebook and Twitter posts.

I got that last year-- you're an Alternate Selectee, so if anyone declines you get a shot at their place, congrats! This means you might not have final news until late May, though.

One of my labmates and I have both not received any emails and our https://ndseg.asee.org/award page is still saying there is no new info about our awards. ~mystery~. I'm fine not getting this, I just want to know so I can stop thinking about funding for this year!

2 minutes ago, flying_sloths said:

That's what I figured. With NSF, that makes me 2/2 on honorable mentions so far this year. It's exciting and mildly infuriating at the same time!

... I had the same thing happen last year. Have faith! I ended up getting NSF this year. It's super annoying to have to do the application song and dance again, but just think of it as practice for the rest of your academic life! :D

8 minutes ago, ducktape said:

@RP15 and @Humulus_lupulus, sorry to ask but did your awards pages show your status after you got the rejection email?

Hey,

The award page currently says:

"There is no information about your award status at this moment."

But I'm assuming they didn't send the email by mistake haha, so no hope here. Cheers!

2 hours ago, deltakappa said:

@Argon @eruwaedhie

Did you guys get the award email afterwards?

checking because I checked the url before they officially sent emails and accepted the award beforehand and that might cause some sort of errors with award?

I did get my award email at 5pm (EST).  However, my portal still says I have to reply by tomorrow, while my email says I have two weeks.  I'm still waiting to hear back from SMART, so I might email ASEE and ask which it is.