supplementary materials

yehk

Hey guys,

I know there has been a similar post here a while ago but I thought i'd just post my experience here - I just phoned up my top choice university to check if they received the supplementary materials to my application (an extra essay that had big graphs so I couldn't have uploaded it online). I sent this off well ahead of the deadline (around late November) and apparently they never received it. I called up the department that I'm applying to, and the graduate admissions secretary told me that I should not worry about it as the admissions committee do not base their admissions on one essay that is missing - she did try to persuade me NOT to send it in to avoid hassle (I live in the UK) and also told me that the committee were reviewing applications RIGHT NOW.... But of course as it is my application I am welcome to post the extra essay to her..

Now i don't want to be the annoying one who sends in the late essay that probably won't even make a difference to the application in the committee's eyes, but I will be preeeetty annoyed if I don't send it in and get rejected. What do you guys think??

LESSON: CALL AND CHECK WITH YOUR UNIVERSITIES :(

Yeah if I could i definitely would, but the graph is 3 sheets of A3 stapled together and has to be read in one long line. If i scanned it in it would break up to 6 sheets of A4 which would be a nightmare to piece together let alone read... :(

I'd still suggest you do that - break it up to 6 pages and number them 1-6, and write on each page "continues on page X" or some such. The adcom should be able to piece it back together (they should know what you're doing, no?), it doesn't sound like that much of a nightmare. Attach a cover page that says "this should be read in one long line" and maybe even put a small picture of how it looks when it's all pieced together. You could also send another printed version in the mail, but since the adcom is meeting now, you want them to have all your info as soon as possible.