I've been invited to interview weekend, what does this mean?

Kinkster

I have received an email today from my POI inviting me to interview weekend. What does this mean? Is there a good chance I will be accepted? What typically happens during interview weekend?

There are a ton of threads out there on this topic, but to reiterate: It really depends on the program and the field as to what an interview means from an admissions standpoint. You should be getting a schedule, but basically you'll be meeting profs and hanging out with grad students. It should be fun!

As quadsbaby said, it depends. At the very least it means you passed the preliminary elimination round, and in some cases it means you're a finalist. You can expect to have interviews with several potential advisors and other professors, to interact with current grads, to have informational sessions about grad life and have tours of the campus and the city. There will be lots of food, maybe even a party. It's lots of fun.

This topic has come up often recently, for example: