Accepted at UC Davis?

breakfast

I saw in the results search that two of you were accepted today via e-mail.

I've applied to UC Davis as well, but haven't heard anything back yet. What field are you two in? What does your status look like online (Y in any admit provision rows?).

Davis is one of my top choices, and the anticipation is nearly killing me.

I've applied to UC Davis as well, but haven't heard anything back yet. What field are you two in? What does your status look like online (Y in any admit provision rows?).

I applied to the English program and my status has not changed online yet. It still says check back in the future. (No Y's in the admit sections.) Apparently the decision hasn't made it to the graduate admissions office yet. Hope you hear from them soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I applied to the English program and my status has not changed online yet. It still says check back in the future. (No Y's in the admit sections.) Apparently the decision hasn't made it to the graduate admissions office yet. Hope you hear from them soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks. Good luck to you too.

I was also accepted to UC Davis History. I did not post it on the results page. I recieved an email from the DGS notifying me of the department's decision and my "status" did not change online. I am an Americanist. Best of luck and I hope you hear good news soon.

I was also accepted to UC Davis History. I did not post it on the results page. I recieved an email from the DGS notifying me of the department's decision and my "status" did not change online. I am an Americanist. Best of luck and I hope you hear good news soon.

I am an early Americanist. As far as I can tell, my status hasn't changed on the Davis website.

I am an early Americanist. As far as I can tell, my status hasn't changed on the Davis website.

Were you one of the first two to post your results on the results page, or have you not posted anything there?

So far I've only heard of Americanists getting accepted - maybe they haven't moved onto other fields yet?

Were you one of the first two to post your results on the results page, or have you not posted anything there?

So far I've only heard of Americanists getting accepted - maybe they haven't moved onto other fields yet?

I am in an Asian subject area, and heard from them as well.

This board is really interesting... we're like the blind men trying to describe the elephant to one another. Beats being in the dark alone, anyway.

Edit: Last I checked, nothing had changed on the online application status page, except updates the computer could make by itself like whether my letters of rec had come in.

Edited by utsusemi

whoever gets accepted (and especially anyone who goes), please fill us in on the funding situation, if the state budget crisis has affected funding as some have predicted.

I'm currently in an MA prog, but Davis is one of my top choices for a PhD.

Edited by kent shakespeare

I was one of the first two to post.

As for funding, I'm not sure how the package compares to previous years, but they made what I think is a competitive offer.

Interesting. I plan on studying European history and I was notified by e-mail of my admission on the 3rd. I also received an automated e-mail saying that my application was being reviewed, and I'd be able to check its status tomorrow morning. I was told that funding is all up in the air, and they won't know details for a few weeks. So, I'm hoping!

No chance I'll be able to go without funding, of course.

• 1 month later...

whoever gets accepted (and especially anyone who goes), please fill us in on the funding situation, if the state budget crisis has affected funding as some have predicted.

I'm currently in an MA prog, but Davis is one of my top choices for a PhD.

I just learned about the funding situation at Davis and it's not good. Davis was my top choice. I was admitted but I just found out that I am not getting funding. I hope a spot will open up or they find more money but...it's not looking great.

Apparently, the department's main sources of funding drastically cut their budget. I know Davis has made some funded offers though. They offered admission to way more people then they could afford this. The department did not anticipate the budget cuts would be as severe as they are. My sense is the situation will be similar next year.

Anyone else have any more information on funding at Davis? Anyone thinking about turning a funded offer down.....?

I just learned about the funding situation at Davis and it's not good. Davis was my top choice. I was admitted but I just found out that I am not getting funding. I hope a spot will open up or they find more money but...it's not looking great.

Apparently, the department's main sources of funding drastically cut their budget. I know Davis has made some funded offers though. They offered admission to way more people then they could afford this. The department did not anticipate the budget cuts would be as severe as they are. My sense is the situation will be similar next year.

Anyone else have any more information on funding at Davis? Anyone thinking about turning a funded offer down.....?

I was admitted and got funding. It's not as competitive as any other packages I've been offered (seriously less in one case), and it's more expensive to live in Davis than any other place I'm considering. It's very frustrating because I'd love to go to Davis, but it feels crazy to turn down well-funded programs that are just as highly regarded (if not more so) than Davis, but that aren't as ridiculously well-suited to my needs and interests as Davis.

I was admitted and got funding. It's not as competitive as any other packages I've been offered (seriously less in one case), and it's more expensive to live in Davis than any other place I'm considering. It's very frustrating because I'd love to go to Davis, but it feels crazy to turn down well-funded programs that are just as highly regarded (if not more so) than Davis, but that aren't as ridiculously well-suited to my needs and interests as Davis.

Sorry to here that your funding package wasn't great. I really don't know what the funding situation at Davis is writ large--only the history department. It seems that funding problems this year extend beyond individual departments to the entire division. But that's just speculation.