UF vs NCSU vs ASU for MS in CS, help me out

staticvengeance

These types of schools all have good regional connections but not as strong national ones. I'd consider geography of where you want to live and work. If you'd prefer to be out west, ASU is probably the best. NCSU is in the Raleigh area which is growing nicely. And UF is very large and very well connected throughout the South east.

• 10 months later...
I have been admitted for MS in CS in UF, NCSU and ASU

I am interested in finding a network-related job after MS. Considering the ease of finding jobs, internships can anyone rate these universities from the best to worst?

~Thanks

Did you mean University of Florida by UF? If it is so, then I shall tell you to consider UF carefully. I have heard some negative comments from UFL CS graduates. Particularly those who are going there with funding, sometimes suffer. For example, once the authority simply cut the pay of the assistantship to half. I have even heard that some CS grad students are moving to other universities! May be, these are exceptional incidents, but I would suggest that you should talk to UFL current graduates before taking any final decision.

well as u are interested in networkin.. ncsu would be right place for you. As its closer to CISCO.. and also Cisco is a major recruiter there... I'd say that go to ncsu.

Well and my ranking wise NCSU>UFL>ASU.

Do you have any aid at UFL?