Should I call the graduate college?

sammy123

Question

A few weeks ago I received an email from the head of one of the programs I applied to letting me know that I was recommended for admissions. I was told that my official acceptance would be coming in a few weeks. That was 2 weeks ago and I have yet to hear back. Which was fine until last week when I got an acceptance from another school and I need to let them know by next Tuesday if I accept or decline. The first school is my number one choice. So is it okay to call the graduate college at the first school and inquire? I don't want to bug them but I'm running up against the other school's deadline.

3 answers to this question

47 minutes ago, sammy123 said:

A few weeks ago I received an email from the head of one of the programs I applied to letting me know that I was recommended for admissions. I was told that my official acceptance would be coming in a few weeks. That was 2 weeks ago and I have yet to hear back. Which was fine until last week when I got an acceptance from another school and I need to let them know by next Tuesday if I accept or decline. The first school is my number one choice. So is it okay to call the graduate college at the first school and inquire? I don't want to bug them but I'm running up against the other school's deadline.

Hi Sammy123 ! first off, congratulations on your acceptance to your second school! secondly, YES! call the first school immediately and let them know you need to hear back asap so you can know how to plan accordingly... best of luck xo

16 minutes ago, crnasia_002 said:

Hi Sammy123 ! first off, congratulations on your acceptance to your second school! secondly, YES! call the first school immediately and let them know you need to hear back asap so you can know how to plan accordingly... best of luck xo

Thank you! I will call them tomorrow morning!