Financial Aid 12 months

A school I am considering has a "cost of attendance" that covers 9 months and 20 credits each year. I would need financial aid to cover 12 months and 34 credits. Does the cost of attendance change depending on how many credits you take? I know I should contact the school's financial aid office to ask this, but the way they have it set up is weird. You have to be a student, log in to your account and find your assigned officer. They have no general contact info on the site. Thank you!

Can you call the front desk and talk to a student? You might have to appeal for more or to have your budget extended. You might also have to get supplemental loans or a plus loan for the summer. Just see what the school determines your budget to be and go from there. For example, before i got an out of state tuition waiver, i needed about 10k to cover the balance between my financial aid package and my tuition. I got my budget extended to the max by asking the fa office, but still owed 7k. I asked if i could supplement with private loans, and they said no because i already maxed my budget. Good luck. 

21 hours ago, Speechster said:

Can you call the front desk and talk to a student? You might have to appeal for more or to have your budget extended. You might also have to get supplemental loans or a plus loan for the summer. Just see what the school determines your budget to be and go from there. For example, before i got an out of state tuition waiver, i needed about 10k to cover the balance between my financial aid package and my tuition. I got my budget extended to the max by asking the fa office, but still owed 7k. I asked if i could supplement with private loans, and they said no because i already maxed my budget. Good luck. 

I was able to get an email address of one of the financial aid officers. Hopefully she can answer some of my questions. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm sorry that happened to you...