Comp. Lit. @ Berkeley

I was recently accepted into the Comp. Lit. doctoral program at Berkeley, and was wondering if anyone else who's been admitted has heard anything regarding a possible visit? Is there an admits weekend, and if so, does anyone know when it is? My acceptance email was literally two sentences long, and didn't contain many details.

Also, feel free to share your research interests.

Thanks and best of luck!

• 11 months later...

I was recently accepted into the Comp. Lit. doctoral program at Berkeley, and was wondering if anyone else who's been admitted has heard anything regarding a possible visit? Is there an admits weekend, and if so, does anyone know when it is? My acceptance email was literally two sentences long, and didn't contain many details.

Thanks and best of luck!

Hey there! I am waiting to hear from Berkeley's Comp Lit program. I came across your posting and figured I check and see if you accepted their offer, and if so, what you think of the department now. Also, when did you get your acceptance letter (end of January, early Feb, etc.)?

Hey there! I am waiting to hear from Berkeley's Comp Lit program. I came across your posting and figured I check and see if you accepted their offer, and if so, what you think of the department now. Also, when did you get your acceptance letter (end of January, early Feb, etc.)?

Just saw a Berkeley acceptance on the results board... Was that you? :)

Thanks and best of luck!

when did you hear from Johns Hopkins?

I'm waiting on the Humanities Center for Intellectual History...

Hey! I accepted Berkeley's offer, and am glad I did so. The administration's great, the faculty is supportive of your work, (etc.). Coming to Berkeley from an Ivy, I do notice plenty of differences in terms of resources and facilities (some offices are closed during the day, library hours have been slightly cut, etc.) but these definitely don't impede your work or affect the intellectual caliber of the university.

If I remember correctly, I received my first (very informal) acceptance email around this same time last year, so I'm guessing you should be hearing back pretty soon. I think the faculty recently finalized or is in the process of finalizing acceptances, but am not too sure when notifications will be sent out.

If you have any other specific questions, feel free to send me a message.

Good luck!

Quick note - the admission notice on the results page for this year is not a fluke or a fake. A friend of mine (who I don't think uses this site) was admitted yesterday as well! Congratulations both to her, to the results page poster, and to any other Berkeley Comparative Literature admits!

I am completely new to this forum... Having said that, I got my informal acceptance from Berkeley Comp Lit just yesterday. It was my first choice, so couldn't have been happier right now!

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your interests and your admissions profile (GPA, GRE scores, background, languages, etc.)? For those of us still waiting and thinking about re-applying next year, it would help us get an idea of the kind of person they are lookng to admit.

Thanks and congratulations, again!

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your interests and your admissions profile (GPA, GRE scores, background, languages, etc.)? For those of us still waiting and thinking about re-applying next year, it would help us get an idea of the kind of person they are lookng to admit.

Thanks and congratulations, again!

Thank you very much! I promise to do that as soon as I hear a bit more from them... No idea about funding yet, so I feel a bit nervous about treating this as settled. Soon, though...

do they send rejections via email too? i read somewhere that they send them out via regular mail and that seems awfully unfair to those of us who live in other countries. this means i might only get news in three weeks!