Harvard First Round Interviews

Smaudge

I noticed on the results page that some Linguistics PhDs have started to hear back about Harvard interviews. I applied and haven't heard anything, so I'm wondering if that's a 99% rejection, or if I shouldn't give up hope yet?

I was considering applying to Harvard, so I know a little bit about their program, but admittedly not a lot.

I don't think you should give into despair and ice cream yet, it's only the 5th of February. I think you still have a week or so to go until you should worry. Honestly, I'd just write a professor whom you have a relationship with there, or the admissions secretary and just ask your status if it is not available online. If they were going to offer you an interview, they won't rescind it because you asked about it. If they weren't going to offer it anyway, what does it matter if you come off as a little bit brazen?

I was considering applying to Harvard, so I know a little bit about their program, but admittedly not a lot.

I don't think you should give into despair and ice cream yet, it's only the 5th of February. I think you still have a week or so to go until you should worry. Honestly, I'd just write a professor whom you have a relationship with there, or the admissions secretary and just ask your status if it is not available online. If they were going to offer you an interview, they won't rescind it because you asked about it. If they weren't going to offer it anyway, what does it matter if you come off as a little bit brazen?

But the ice cream is so tempting...