Jump to content
  • 0




  • I have been accepted to another University to which I have to notify by April 15th. I don't mind paying the unrefundable deposit and not getting it back but I'm STILL waiting for result from UPenn. What if I am accepted to UPenn after April 15th, when I would have already emailed the university I have already been accepted of my commitment? Can I still withdraw from the university and attend Penn?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

If you would be happy with the university in which you have already been accepted AND you do not mind forfeiting the deposit, then commit to the first university. If UPenn comes along and also accepts you, and you feel it is a better choice, accept their offer and place your deposit, then you reach out to your first school to back-out and reject your acceptance. You do not need to let any school that has waitlisted you or has not confirmed your admission/acceptance unless you would like to be removed from the waitlist or would like to withdraw your application.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.