Interview for GA Position

Hi everyone,

I have an interview next month for a Graduate Assistant position at the program I will be attending in the fall. The position will be research based, and I do not have any undergrad reasearch experiences so I am a little nervous. I was wondering if anyone has any tips or advice for these types of interviews.

Thank you!

I've never done one but I imagine they might ask what you are interested in and what kind of specific ideas you might have. They might ask some basic research questions like about stats or data taking procedures. Or maybe even your writing to write literature analysis depending on what your role actually is. Good luck and be confident! 

• 2 years later...

Hi! I will be attending a northern NJ school this Fall for SLP. When I asked about assistantship positions they said they'll hold interviews once everyone has been admitted. I was wondering if you can tell me about your interview experience for the assistantship?