Gatech

Spectrum

Hi everyone,

I've had a phone interview from a professor in ECE Gatech back in November. He advised me to apply for the summer term instead of the fall 2010 entry. I did. Then after my application was ready to pick up, early on January, I think, he replied that he was going to recommend me and provide my funding himself. He also advised me to read everything about his research, be prepared to apply for visa, and that they are not going to decline my application because of my good academic background.

Nevertheless, I have not yet heard anything from the department. The office has already started issuing some admissions to American applicants for the fall term (I am an international applicant), and I am worried sick what does this mean? and what should I do?

Is there anybody also applied for the summer entry? Have you got your result?

I would just email the professor and check back with him if you're worried. If he told you he would fund you himself then I think he would be concerned too if the application process weren't going smoothly. I also doubt that he would change his mind after telling you that, especially without notifying you about it.

Also... I happen to be living close to GA Tech and I'm graduating in May and leaving town immediately. The lease on my apartment, however, lasts until July 31st. I need to sublet for May through July, so if you're interested in a pretty nice apartment that's pretty close to campus for $450 a month, you could rent my apartment and that would help me out a lot haha. After the Summer sublet you would be able to sign your own one year lease each year, of course. PM me if interested.

email the professor and the department.

I've called the graduate office the other day. The lady picking up first took my information and put me on hold for good several minutes. Then she told me that she's spoken with another lady in charge of the process and is unable to give me any information yet. She advised me to wait and that I'll be receiving my result early in the February.

Yesterday I've emailed the prof, but no answer yet.

I would just email the professor and check back with him if you're worried. If he told you he would fund you himself then I think he would be concerned too if the application process weren't going smoothly. I also doubt that he would change his mind after telling you that, especially without notifying you about it.

The tone of his past emails and phone call sounded extremely promising back then; but, now I've moved from confidence to mortal fear :(.

Also... I happen to be living close to GA Tech and I'm graduating in May and leaving town ...

Renting a place is the last thing I can be thinking of right now, I wish to god that was my concern though. Thank you anyway.

Pray for my admission and I promise I'll consider your kind offer :D.