SLP grad schools and last 60 credit hrs

Hey there!

I'm currently waiting to get accepted in USU's 2nd Bachelors program for Communicative Disorders and Deaf Education (to pursue my dream of becoming a Speech Language Pathologist!) To make long story short, my 1st Bachelors GPA is embarrassingly low, which is a 2.5. I majored in Psychology with a minor in Sociology in 2009. I partied way too hard and was very young and reckless back then. One nothing like that now as I don't even drink anymore as I've been sober since 2010.

I understand some (many? not sure) grad schools look the last 60 credit hours. Is it that A LOT of grad schools that look at the last 60 credits ? Do you know of any ASHA-accredited ones that don't? Location of the grad school doesn't matter, I'll move in order to attend that grad school, if needed.

The advisor at USU said that she wanted to inform me that the 2nd Bachelors program is only 35 credits total. I asked if looking at my 60 credits meant: 25 credits from 1st Bachelors and 35 from my 2nd (which is the most relevant, and most recent degree). Would my GPA be split up by adding my with the 25 credits / 35 credits between my 2 degrees? I absolutely know I need to get straight A's in both my 2nd bachelors and grad program if I am accepted, that's non-negotiable. I just need to know which schools don t really care about the last 60 so that I don't have to.be concerned about the last 60 and just focus on killing it with a high GPA.

Thanks so much for your help!

Edited by gorgeousdoll1

I'm going to follow this thread...

i graduated in 2011..same undergrad GPA. unfortunately, many grad programs look only at my Bachelors GPA and not my post-bacc/slp GPA (which is a 3.7). I'm about to get rejected for the second year and it sucks. I did not get a 2nd Bachelors (just some post bacc classes) but I'm wondering if I should have to raise my GPA...? 

Im in the process of compiling a list of spring start schools and after that I will be researching schools that look at last 60 hours/will look past my low ug GPA from 6 (?time flies!!) years ago. Every class I've done as an adult/post-bacc equals a 3.74 GPA. So....big change....you'd think they would notice the big jump..

so, since we are in the same boat. I'd like to follow this thread, but also share what I find out as well. It's just not fair, especially to people like us who have been out of school and I'm pretty sure by now this is the career path we want and we are very ready for grad school!