Research Thesis related to Micro / Smart Grids

Naveed Iqbal

Dear All,

I am from Pakistan and I have completed my course work for MS Electrical Engineering (Power) and now I want to select research topic for Thesis. Please advise me any subject for research thesis related to Micro / SMART grids. My future plans are to do Ph.D.

Selecting a topic is something a student has to learn to do on his/her own. This is also what you have an advisor for. No one here will just give you a topic, this is not what this board is about, and in any event, anyone who has a good idea will pursue it on their own, not give it to a stranger. Good ideas are the bread and butter of academia. 

Hi @Naveed Iqbal

I think the best advice we can give you is to start with a literature review on the topics that you want to pursue. It is important to understand what researchers are currently working on in the field so that you don't pick a topic that has been extensively investigated. I am saying this because during my first year as a Ph.D. student I thought of many ideas that I later found out to be very old in the field, so it is always good to see what people are doing and have done.

To do this, talk to your adviser and find out what the best journals in your field are. Then, you might want to search for papers within that journal using the keywords that you find most relevant. The idea here is not to read all the papers in a journal, but to read as much as you can about specific topics within a journal so that you can have an idea of what's there and what can be further investigated/explored.

Hope this helps.