really need help!! U of New Hampshire vs Mississippi State U---PhD

Howyoung

I got an offer of Economics PhD from UNH and Finance PhD from Mississippi State U. Both are funded. Really need some help to decide.

Could anyone tell me something about the curriculum, placement, and research reputation of both universities?

Many thanks!!

Hi @Howyoung

I am just sending you this message because I don't want you to be waiting forever for people to respond to your question. 

I believe that the best you can do right now is:

• Check the universities' websites and see what faculty members are working on, and if you see yourself doing anything similar;
  • Once you find a faculty member that you might be interested in working with, shoot an email to their current/previous graduate students and ask about their experience working with that professor. Finding a good adviser is one of the most important things in graduate school;
  • About the schools' reputation, I am not capable of helping you, but you can certainly find online rankings that will help you make a more educated decision.

Hope this helps.