Arizona State

repatriate

Has anyone heard from ASU? They seem to typically call/email in late January based on the results page, but I heard through the grapevine that I might be getting an interview. I had written them off as a possibility based on previous years and the couple of results posted so far this year, but now I am a little curious. So if you have any information, especially about the social program, I'd be very grateful if you'd deign to share!

I have not heard anything from them either. On my status page it says that my application is "in review" still.

I applied last year, and I heard nothing from them and my status was "in review" well into March, when a rejection letter came. That's what I was expecting to happen this year, as well--until I heard this rumor. Maybe they still are reviewing apps.

I just had two friends go for interview weekend there this past weekend. But they're going for behavioral neuroscience, so maybe the different departments have different interview dates?

Thanks! That helps to put my mind at rest. I guess different programs could have different dates, but I imagine no invitation by now suggests none at all, if the interviews are this month.

I just noticed an ASU social post on the results board. Congrats to the poster! Care to share your POI or when the interview is? (Feel free to PM.) Best of luck with your interview!

Edited by repatriate

ASU has sent their invites to interview weekend already (I didn't apply there, but I'm doing my undergrad here). It is possible that you are on the wait list if you haven't heard from anyone yet, but all first-pick interviewees have been notified already. Sorry.

Edit: My gossip has been amended: only one person has been notified for sure, I don't know if the others have yet or not.

Edited by moralresearcher

Thanks, moralresearcher! Like I said, I'd pretty much written ASU off given the date, so I won't be crushed if I don't get an interview, but I'll admit that my hopes did get up a little bit when I heard via someone else that I would.

Thanks, moralresearcher! Like I said, I'd pretty much written ASU off given the date, so I won't be crushed if I don't get an interview, but I'll admit that my hopes did get up a little bit when I heard via someone else that I would.

You're welcome. If it makes you feel better, my advisor was on the wait list and was offered a spot on April 14th, so you never know until you know. Good luck!