Pickering and Rangel Fellowships

line909

yea, i applied!

I got an email from Patricia Scroggs from the Rangel Program that said the admissions committee will convene on the 22nd of Feburary to discuss applications and we will be notified by phone soon after. They will only call the candidates that have moved on to the interview round. I think everyone else gets a rejection email.

NO idea on Pickering. I've heard they take a long time to even start the process.

yea, i applied!

I got an email from Patricia Scroggs from the Rangel Program that said the admissions committee will convene on the 22nd of Feburary to discuss applications and we will be notified by phone soon after. They will only call the candidates that have moved on to the interview round. I think everyone else gets a rejection email.

NO idea on Pickering. I've heard they take a long time to even start the process.

The Rangel program has a very quick turnaround time, and if she said that they will convene on the 22nd, then you will likely receive the phone call if you are accepted that week. People who are waitlisted will also receive notice to standby in case someone declines to move forward.

The Pickering has for the past few years not began until the Rangel process has ended. This is for several reasons, one of which being that many of the people who apply to the Rangel also apply to the Pickering. They wait until Rangel notifies them of the selectees so those people can be witdrawn from the Pickering process.

Guess we'll find out sometime this week!

Interesting that the Pickering committee waits that long. Many people apply for the Rhodes and Marshall (and some win both), but they still hold interviews and begin the process at the same time.