NSF GRFP 2008

cogdiss

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing posted for me either (it still just says "submitted") and my last name begins with an L. But remember, we should also consider that they might be updating by discipline. I'm physics/astronomy, so either way I get to sit around twitching (alternately thinking "no, I'm screwed" and "but...maybe...just...ngaah!") Friend of mine got an update on her website - she's psychology, which had an earlier deadline (and her last name is way before mine).

What disciplines did you all apply in (particularly those of you that have heard)? Maybe that'll show some kind of pattern.

:?

Yeah, definitely craziness.

Dangit - I have stuff to DO today. But now I'm just going to be alternating between here and the NSF website (although for now, I promised myself that I won't check again for another hour. Ha. Ha ha.)

Congrats to everyone who got one!!! :D Any honorable mention'ers yet?

Ahhh NSF is evil. I think at this point theyre just making crap up to laugh at us. They are reading this message board going "Hmm... what can we do next?? TELL THEM THEY ALL LOST. AND THEN... tell them they won! And then tell them that we won't know until June, but in the meantime they can work on writing their proposals for next year!!!"

...grumble

Ahhh NSF is evil. I think at this point theyre just making crap up to laugh at us. They are reading this message board going "Hmm... what can we do next?? TELL THEM THEY ALL LOST. AND THEN... tell them they won! And then tell them that we won't know until June, but in the meantime they can work on writing their proposals for next year!!!"

...grumble

Okay, this sounds utterly pathetic, but I had a DREAM like that last week. I seriously dreamed a little email notification saying first that I was rejected, followed by one saying I was accepted, followed by a final one saying "sorry guys, technical glitch, those emails just got sent to everyone. Keep waiting. Suckaaaas!"

...sigh...

This actually happened when I was applying to college too... Cornell accidentally sent out an email to everyone on their waitlist that they had been accepted. Then they were like oops, we sent the wrong email, you were rejected... but then it turned out that they had just sent it to everyone. I guess no one has figured out how to notify anyone of anything important via email without making it incredibly stressful, disappointing and confusing.

does everyone see the following categories on their fastlane page?

Application Package Task List

(mine has nothing in this section)

Application Package Optional Task List

View/Print Application

Download Request for Payment of GRE Subject Test Fee

Check Application Package Status

does everyone see the following categories on their fastlane page?

Application Package Task List

(mine has nothing in this section this section)

Application Package Optional Task List

View/Print Application

Download Request for Payment of GRE Subject Test Fee

Check Application Package Status

Yeah, that's all I see when I log in, too.

Hearing about the people who can see letters already makes me nervous...