For Us Rhet/Comp People

I'm applying for Rhet/Comp programs both MA and PhD but haven't heard back from anywhere yet (the schools I applied to are in my signature). Its nice to find another Rhet/Comp applicant though, there don't seem to be too many of us on here :)

I'm applying for Rhet/Comp programs both MA and PhD but haven't heard back from anywhere yet (the schools I applied to are in my signature). Its nice to find another Rhet/Comp applicant though, there don't seem to be too many of us on here :)

I think the applicant pools are a little smaller this year-from what I've been told by admissions people anyway. My first choice school took me right away (literally, the day after I faxed in the missing part of my app!) but ....nothing but crickets from several of the other schools. Then again, I don't think admissions committees are as anxious to let us know as we are to find out! :)

I applied to UT Austin, Purdue, Ohio State, Penn State, and S. Carolina for rhet/comp...and have heard nothing from any of them. Getting a little worried since UT, Ohio, and PSU have all sent out acceptances already...eep!

I think South Carolina has too, but I have heard anything on my app. My recommenders (I went for overkill expecting this to happen) were all on the late-ish side, but I think South Carolina only required 2. I'd really like to work with some of the people there, but the stipend is really low. You aimed a bit higher than I did in the rest of your apps, so you'll probably have plenty of options :)

"Pending." Pending what?

I applied to UT Austin, Purdue, Ohio State, Penn State, and S. Carolina for rhet/comp...and have heard nothing from any of them. Getting a little worried since UT, Ohio, and PSU have all sent out acceptances already...eep!

I'm also getting nervous about OSU and PSU... just hoping that their Rhet/Comp admissions come in a separate wave than their regular English admissions (although I don't know how reasonable that is). According to last year, Purdue notifies pretty late (mid-March).

Best of luck!

I think South Carolina has too, but I have heard anything on my app. My recommenders (I went for overkill expecting this to happen) were all on the late-ish side, but I think South Carolina only required 2. I'd really like to work with some of the people there, but the stipend is really low. You aimed a bit higher than I did in the rest of your apps, so you'll probably have plenty of options :)

"Pending." Pending what?

the "pending" status is so irritating! as of Jan 22, the committee hadn't met yet, or at least that's the impression I got from an email I received.

UT hasn't sent out acceptances yet, have they? Just some rejections, I think.

R

I'm also getting nervous about OSU and PSU... just hoping that their Rhet/Comp admissions come in a separate wave than their regular English admissions (although I don't know how reasonable that is). According to last year, Purdue notifies pretty late (mid-March).

Best of luck!

I can say, very simply, that OSU's English department has not sent out all (most) of its acceptances yet.