Profile Evaluation for Application

FrankAndPhD

Hi guys, I'm posting this to ask for any of you guys' suggestions and thoughts on my application to PhD in Economics in United States, and about what ranks of the universities I can apply or have better chance to get in. Any advice will be appreciated, thanks :)

The followings are my profile:

Bachelor: Second Upper Honour Bachelor of Science in Economics (University of Liverpool), GPA: 3.2/4.0

Master: Master of Science in Economics (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign), GPA: 3.71/4.0 with Math Courses in Linear Algebra, Elementary Real Analysis and Statistics (only did 2 semesters of Calculus in Bachelor but the grades don't look good).

TOFEL: 103; GRE: 319 (Q:169 + V:150);  

Research: about 4 yrs on-and-off experience of being research assistants for 2 professors during the time at both universities; sole author of my final year project at Bachelor which is to be published on school's journal (if it could count as research experience).

Reference letters: 2 professors of Macro and Stats where I got A in UIUC and a professor from Columbia who I used to work for as research assistant.

Many thanks for any efforts of you guys spend on my post, I've kinda failed of my this year's application, only admission offer from an uni that didn't provide a decent financial aid, but I'm not giving up the choice of reapplying. Thanks again :) 

Edited by FrankAndPhD