Is it here yet?

Minnesotan

Is December too early to begin the freaking out process? *sigh*

Most of the deadlines haven't even passed, yet. Anybody have a good strategy to help me forget I have applications circulating? Hypnosis? Repeatedly hitting my head against a wall?

Large amounts of booze aren't working.

Halo is good stuff. I highly recommend Mass Effect. It's well worth the $60 investment.

I chose Assassin's Creed, instead, because I remembered how much of my life KotOR soaked up. If ME is an improved version of that (sans jedis), I would be in deeeep trouble.

I chose Assassin's Creed, instead, because I remembered how much of my life KotOR soaked up. If ME is an improved version of that (sans jedis), I would be in deeeep trouble.

It's definitely an improvement over KotOR. It's much more action oriented, kind of an RPG shooter, though most of the outcomes in combat are based on your character's stats and abilities rather than your skills. In that sense, it's somewhat similar to Oblivion. Bioware's team has put out pretty good games for a long time, even before they were with this particular company. I haven't finished ME yet. It's pretty good so far. Hopefully the ending isn't god awful like KotOR 2 or Neverwinter Nights 2. Considering how much better it is than KotOR 1, I think it's safe to say that it's better than Jade Empire in every way.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm catching up with all the movies, anime and manga I missed while I was working hard to get into the position to apply for grad school hehe. :P Its kind of funny this might be the only free time we have in the 10 year period from the beginning of undergrad life to grad life and here we are busy doing all this entertainment things. We should like totally be doing research for our dissertations or something.

Screw research! I should be taking conference trips with supermodels to exotic locations, where clothing is purely optional and rarely used. I should be spending my days studying the beaches and composing a better tan. I should be investigating interesting trends in zymmurgy, and doing literature reviews of poolside bar coasters.

Research - pfft! I'll show you research!

I got a real job type job (analyst with a research firm), so I no longer have time to freak out about the wait. There's nothing like starting a job by taking over someone else's overdue assignments to take your mind off admissions related stress. It brings back memories of my brother punching me in the arm to get me to stop thinking about a sprained ankle.