UCLA

St. Jude

I haven't heard anything about funding yet. I believe the acceptance email said we'd hear about funding by the end of this month though, so I'm on the lookout for that!

I'll definitely be coming to the open days. Have you (or anyone) had any contact with the department since getting the email?

I haven't heard anything about funding yet. I believe the acceptance email said we'd hear about funding by the end of this month though, so I'm on the lookout for that!

I'll definitely be coming to the open days. Have you (or anyone) had any contact with the department since getting the email?

Ok so we are all in same funding boat. I thought waiting to hear back from schools was bad enough. Now they make you wait to see if they are going to fund you or not!

I have been contacted by two different professors from the department. One by email and one by phone. They were both really nice and have made me feel very wanted in the department. I am going to meet with them on the welcome day. How about you guys? Any contact from professors?

I got something similar. I received a very pleasant phone call from a faculty member saying they were excited about the possibility of me joining the department, that they are trying to put together a nice funding package (they asked what I've been offered so far and where), and asking if I had any questions. I also got a follow-up email from that same faculty member talking about all of the things going on on campus in terms of research related to Latin America.

What areas of research are people attending the open days interested in? I'm excited to meet some people from this forum in real life :)

I got something similar. I received a very pleasant phone call from a faculty member saying they were excited about the possibility of me joining the department, that they are trying to put together a nice funding package (they asked what I've been offered so far and where), and asking if I had any questions. I also got a follow-up email from that same faculty member talking about all of the things going on on campus in terms of research related to Latin America.

What areas of research are people attending the open days interested in? I'm excited to meet some people from this forum in real life :)

I also received a nice email from a faculty member who I'm interested in working with. It was clear she had read my file carefully and really knew my interests and understood what I was looking for.

I'm interested in education policy research, inequality/stratification, and quantitative methods. The visit day is coming up so soon! We should all definitely exchange PMs and get each other's names so we can look out for each other.