Kaplan Prep course GRE

saybay

I'm about to start studying for the GRE. Looking into Kaplan online courses. First of all, is the Kaplan course helpful or would anyone recommend a different one (online)? Should I do some practice on my own before starting the course? I was planning on just starting the course when i start studying but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to go into it having studied already. If I am supposed to study before it, how? So much material I would not even know where to begin. Also, the course is only a month and I plan on continuing to study afterwards so it will not be my only prep. Any advice would be great, thank you!!

Kaplan do have a money-back guarantee. You can check their course first and, if you don't like it, you can ask for refund. Here is the full text for the Money-back Guarantee:

How do I get my money back?

To qualify, you must have paid Kaplan in full and you didn't score higher on the next administration of the official test after completing the program. Call 1-800-KAPTEST within three months of your program expiration date. All claims for refund must be accompanied by an official post-Kaplan program score report. (For Kaplan International Students, the request must be made within 15 days of your original program end date and you must start on the next available date in order to maintain F-1 status. Your I-20 will not be extended and you are responsible for maintaining your status at all times.) All course materials, and if applicable, the Kaplan student ID card must be also returned upon invoking the Higher Score Guarantee refund request. You will receive a refund of tuition paid to Kaplan excluding any applicable shipping, handling or processing fees. IF YOU CHOOSE TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK, YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE REPEAT OPTION.

If you prefer testing a bit of the course first (not all, of course), I found this new test preparation program - Preped. They have some free apps provided. I just tried the free tests, for now. :)