CMU "Clerical Errors"

lemur

I know of at least one person at my school who received a full funding offer from CMU ECE over e-mail. However, once the FedEx letters were sent out, his letter said he was admitted conditionally upon receiving an external fellowship. They're now telling him they're sorry for the clerical mistake...

This story is almost unbelievable to me. How could they screw something up that badly? Has this happened to anyone else?

Edited by lemur

I know of at least one person at my school who received a full funding offer from CMU ECE over e-mail. However, once the FedEx letters were sent out, his letter said he was admitted conditionally upon receiving an external fellowship. They're now telling him they're sorry for the clerical mistake...

This story is almost unbelievable to me. How could they screw something up that badly? Has this happened to anyone else?

Wow, that is really bad. I feel terrible for them, I can only hope it works out in the end or that they found some other program.

Wow, that is really bad. I feel terrible for them, I can only hope it works out in the end or that they found some other program.

That's the funny thing. They got accepted (with full PhD funding) at Berkeley and Stanford. It's not a matter of them having trouble getting in anywhere.

Edited by lemur