Clinicals

Hey! 

So I am starting grad school in September and I am freaking out about clinicals. I graduated back in 2013 so it's been a while since I've been in school. I refreshed a bit with the information but still feel like I'm going to be a bit lost at first so I'm super nervous to be thrown right into clinicals. I would rather have started in the spring but Munson program unfortunately doesn't work like that. Can anyone tell me their experience with clinical studies? Do you meet with your clients on the first day or do they have you meet with the clinical instructor prior to this? Did you feel overwhelmed? Any info to set my mind a little at ease would help me so much lol thank you! 

We got our client schedules like the Thursday of week one of the semester. Then we had a week or two to meet with our assigned clinical faculty for each client, prep, and then start. It was nerve wracking but you'll probably have a written plan for the session so you'll know what to do. Heck my first client crawled under the table to hang out for half the session. I wasn't having luck with testing him but my supervisor came in and supported me. It's hard each first session for new clients when you don't know what to expect. I was nervous about the field simply for the reason I wouldn't know what to do! But you can do it and then you'll be a CF! Good luck