MFA Film Production Fully Funded

Arman1990

Question

Does anyone know a fully funded MFA programs in film production? I am a recently graduated student and looking for a MFA program in film production and I've found lots of fully funded programs in creative writing but not film production. is there anyone with the experience of applying to MFA film production that could help me ? 

2 answers to this question

On 8/25/2017 at 10:03 AM, Arman1990 said:

Does anyone know a fully funded MFA programs in film production? I am a recently graduated student and looking for a MFA program in film production and I've found lots of fully funded programs in creative writing but not film production. is there anyone with the experience of applying to MFA film production that could help me ? 

Just going to pop in four years later and comment based on my research, for future applicants:

Experimental/arts/studio-based filmmaking production:

• University of Iowa (fully funded)
  • University of Southern Florida (fully funded)
  • University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (most grad students get fully-funded TA-ships)
  • University of Colorado Boulder (generous funding)

Industry-facing production:

• Ohio University (generous funding)
  • University of New Orleans (low tuition, offers some fully-funded GA-ships)
  • University of Texas-Austin (low tuition, funded TA-ships available to second years)
  • University of Central Florida (low tuition for residents, fellowships available)
  • University of Miami (low tuition)
  • University of Georgia (low tuition for residents)

Other specialties:

• University of Nevada, Las Vegas (fully funded) -- screenwriting
  • UC Riverside (fully funded) -- screenwriting
  • UT-Austin (low tuition + partial funding) -- screenwriting
  • University of North Carolina-School of the Arts (low tuition for residents) -- screenwriting, producing, film music composition
  • Stanford (generous funding) -- documentary
  • Hunter (low tuition) -- documentary-ish
  • Florida Atlantic University (low tuition for residents, fully funded GA-ships available) -- media & technology