Contacting My First Choice

ArsVitaAmericana

So, I've been accepted to a couple of programs, one of which I would be happy to go to (Tufts). However, My boyfriend (who I live with) just found out yesterday that he got a job offer that he needs to take in Pittsburgh come may. I am still waiting to hear from UPitt. I have NO idea when UPitt lets people know. UPitt is also my first choice school, so this could either be extremely fortuitous or not as much so. So I'm wondering if I should contact Pitt to find out when they might be contacting me, etc. Or if I should just wait it out. This would be easier if I knew around when I'd be finding out from them...

So in conclusion, any advice about whether or not to contact the program (it's MA Theatre and Performance), and if so how should I word it to not be so extremely annoying...

So, I've been accepted to a couple of programs, one of which I would be happy to go to (Tufts). However, My boyfriend (who I live with) just found out yesterday that he got a job offer that he needs to take in Pittsburgh come may. I am still waiting to hear from UPitt. I have NO idea when UPitt lets people know. UPitt is also my first choice school, so this could either be extremely fortuitous or not as much so. So I'm wondering if I should contact Pitt to find out when they might be contacting me, etc. Or if I should just wait it out. This would be easier if I knew around when I'd be finding out from them...

So in conclusion, any advice about whether or not to contact the program (it's MA Theatre and Performance), and if so how should I word it to not be so extremely annoying...

Have you looked at the results page to see when applicants to your program were notified in the past couple of years? It's a good way to ballpark when you might hear from a school.

Checked and it seems like anytime between 2/15 and 3/15 is decision time for UPitt. Nothing for UPitt yet this year though. Fingers crossed. Should I contact the admissions office or the dept.? It just sends cannon ball down to the pitts of my stomach to call and get a rejection. I was such a cool cucumber before the whole I'm moving there anyway business....