About retaking the GRE

Ungerist

Sorry if this has been posted, but do PhD/MA programs allow applicants to choose which GRE scores to send or do they want to see all scores?

I heard from people in other fields that retaking the GRE could be a red flag (not sure they mean by that) and I was wondering if the adcoms would discount high scores obtained after multiple seatings.

Thanks,

Edited by Ungerist

11 minutes ago, Ungerist said:

Sorry if this has been posted, but do PhD/MA programs allow applicants to choose which GRE scores to send or do they want to see all scores?

I heard from people in other fields that retaking the GRE could be a red flag (not sure they mean by that) and I was wondering if the adcoms would discount high scores obtained after multiple seatings.

Thanks,

Here is the URL and what ETS says about taking using ScoreSelect Option to send only the scores you would like others to see.  https://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/about/scoreselect

12 minutes ago, Comparativist said:

You can send any combination of your scores (including just one) and the admission committee will have no idea how many times you took it.

You cannot mix and match the scores according to what ETS says. "No matter which option you choose:

• You will select by specific test dates, so your scores are all from the same testing session.
  • The schools you designate will only see the scores that you selected to send them. There will be no special indication if you have taken additional GRE tests."