GRE U Chicago October - December conflicting Information

Zara_

Hi everyone,

Im an international applicant to the PhD Programm in (Sociocultural) Anthropology at U Chicago. 

The application Deadline is indicated as December 15. However it is advised to take the GRE by October (December the latest) according to the Information on the Website. Why is that?

Personally I would prefer to take the GRE End of November. So I picked up the phone and could talk to someone at the Graduate Office of the Department. I am even more confused than before. The Lady said that I could take the test in mid December as the Applications will be read only by January and by then the test scores should be available. She was pretty sure that a missing GRE Test score by December 15 would not lead to my application as being flagged incomplete (in opposition to the statement on their Website) 

Now my questions are:

How worried should I be about not being able to the take the Test by October, that's really not possible? I am still studying.
Could I even do as advised today and take the test only by let's say 7. of December, isn't that reckless advice? 

I'd be really thankful for any leads on this by you people. I will for sure get in contact with the Admissions Office at U Chicago beginning of next week again but it would be interesting to hear how you'd handle such conflicting information? 

All the best, Zara