Harvard statistics anyone

onthetopo

One of my schoolmates got admission from Harvard Statistics (PhD, International) on Feb 13th. The chairman Professor, who is our alluminus, sent an email to inform her. According to him, the offer letters been sent out via postal serivece several days ago. I might have been rejected, sad...

One of my schoolmates got admission from Harvard Statistics (PhD, International) on Feb 13th. The chairman Professor, who is our alluminus, sent an email to inform her. According to him, the offer letters been sent out via postal serivece several days ago. I might have been rejected, sad...

Sapling, did he email her only because of the alum-connection? Or did they email all acceptees?

to sapling, is ur JHU interview for biostatistics program, have u heard any news about that program?

Last year, I know a female student got an offer from Harvard, exactly the same department I applied, on Feb 15. But this year, I've got no news by now. I don't know why there is so much difference in a same department.

to sapling, is ur JHU interview for biostatistics program, have u heard any news about that program?

Yes,I was interviewed by JHU Biostatistics (Phd) last week. The program director said they will send out the offers on Monday, March 1st. There were 25 students who got the opportunity to be interviewed, but only eight of them would get the offer of admission.

Sapling, did he email her only because of the alum-connection? Or did they email all acceptees?

I am not sure whether they will notify all acceptees via EMAIL, but all the offer letters (or waitinglist letters) have been sent out via POSTAL SERVIES one weeks ago. Maybe, it is because of the alum-connection that my schoolmate got information a bit earlier. Those who are not accepted (I am one of them....sad...) will receive a formal letter, via postal mail, some time within the next two months.

I am not sure whether they will notify all acceptees via EMAIL, but all the offer letters (or waitinglist letters) have been sent out via POSTAL SERVIES one weeks ago. Maybe, it is because of the alum-connection that my schoolmate got information a bit earlier. Those who are not accepted (I am one of them....sad...) will receive a formal letter, via postal mail, some time within the next two months.

Thanks sapling. I received my wait list letter. Sapling, do you happen to know what your accepted friend's financial package is? (the stipend and how many hours teaching) (I'm trying to figure if I should "wait" on the list because I received a really attractive offer at another program.)

Edited by magic

Thanks sapling. I received my wait list letter. Sapling, do you happen to know what your accepted friend's financial package is? (the stipend and how many hours teaching) (I'm trying to figure if I should "wait" on the list because I received a really attractive offer at another program.)

Congratulations to you! It must be a very fantastic program you have received.rolleyes.gif

Below is my accepted friend's financial package for Harvard Statistics (PhD). Other acceptees might have different ones.

First two years: fellowship 23000$ without teaching obligation+tuition waiver;

Then the form of aid might be teaching assistantship in later years, but I do not know the detail.

Anyway, have fun in your graduate life!

I happen to find that you are applying for the Spring season, but I am applying for the Fall season. So what I posted just now might not be the information you want to gettongue.gif

Hey Sapling,

Did you hear back anything from JHU? I saw in the result search that someone got accepted a couple days ago, but you mentioned that JHU would make their decisions on March 1st. I haven't heard anything from them *_*. Should I give up already?