Profile Evaluation IR PhD

FutureParanoia

I know this site is full of these but everyone needs help. 

I'm applying across the board to Top 20 Political Science programs and a few that are outside of the top 20 such as Emory, Northwestern, and Brown. 

Majors: Political Science and International Studies at University of Washington (top 20 public research school)

Minor: Human Rights

Cumulative GPA: 3.85, Poli Sci Major GPA: 3.83, International Studies Major GPA: 3.85

GRE: 163 Verb, 162 Quant, 5 Writing

Research Experience: Traditional seminar papers, currently working as a Prof's research assistant in our Center for Human Rights. Applied experience using Spanish and studying Latin American issues.

Research Interests: Examining how international sanctions regimes deepen/worsen ethnic conflicts in Iraq, Myanmar, Sudan. 

LoR's: 3 profs, one that I know quite well and is known to put passion and energy into his Letters

Other: I have a large amount of work experience in both policy and education. I have worked between 10-20 hours a week throughout college in student government/leadership, research, or education positions. 

Let me know what y'all think

Edited by FutureParanoia

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend not applying to every single top 20 school unless there's a valid reason for you to go there (prestige or research match). 

Also, if you're interested in security aspects of ethnic conflict, have you considered comparative? You might find a more specific fit for supervision, although you lose alt-ac credibility.