MSW Program Acceptance

Pjnyc

I️ just got accepted yesterday to NYU 2 year MSW program tho I️ applied for the 16 month - I️ am so excited!! Does anyone know if there is any flexibility in being in  that 2 year but doing really well and so qualifying for the 16 month? I️ also got good news on Fordham MSW/ certificate I️. Psychotherapy program. Just waiting for Columbia and Hu yet now!!! Wooo hooo! 

Hmm. That's interesting you got accepted into a different program than you applied to. Never heard of that happening before. Maybe it was an error on their end? 

When did you apply to NYU and when did you heard back? I am getting ready to submit for Advanced Standing next week and am hoping to hear back quick! 

Hi there! ‘I applied to NYU on Oct.6 which was the deadline and heard back Nov. 16. Their rationale on accepting me for the two year program was that the committee thought that was a better fit. The 16 month vs. the 2 year Is just the difference of summer semesters tacked on. I️ don’t have that much work experience in social work. - just inspiration . That’s probably why they think ‘I should pace it but I’m going to see them this week so ‘I’ll see if ‘I can get some clarification.  Anyway, When ‘I went to the open house they said they respond back with a decision as per when you file your application. It took them around six weeks for me but ‘I applied at rush hour. What Is your area of interest as a social worker? Obviously you have experience since u r entering in advanced standing. Best of luck!! 

4 hours ago, Pjnyc said:

Hi there! ‘I applied to NYU on Oct.6 which was the deadline and heard back Nov. 16. Their rationale on accepting me for the two year program was that the committee thought that was a better fit. The 16 month vs. the 2 year Is just the difference of summer semesters tacked on. I️ don’t have that much work experience in social work. - just inspiration . That’s probably why they think ‘I should pace it but I’m going to see them this week so ‘I’ll see if ‘I can get some clarification.  Anyway, When ‘I went to the open house they said they respond back with a decision as per when you file your application. It took them around six weeks for me but ‘I applied at rush hour. What Is your area of interest as a social worker? Obviously you have experience since u r entering in advanced standing. Best of luck!! 

Ah I see. The two year program might be a great fit for you then! It's crazy that it took them six weeks to process your application. I know that is what they advertise, but I saw a member on here apply for the program on 11/06 and get in on 11/09. It gave me some hope about a quick answer - I am submitting my application today! My background in social work has been with behavioral health, but I'm interested in macro and international work. I know NYU is a clinical program but I think clinical experience is essential to being an effective macro worker. Congrats on your admission! Are you accepting your offer? Did they offer a scholarship?

13 hours ago, Pjnyc said:

Good luck!! They gave a 10k scholarship! The whole 2 year is 87k. Are you applying to other places? Your career sounds amayzing! 

Thats not a bad scholarship! I'm about ready to submit my application to Columbia also. These are my top two schools. If neither pans out to me I'll apply to some back ups in the spring.