2013 Reported GRE Subject Test Scores VS 2017 Unreported GRE Subject Test SCores

Hey, all - which would you send?

I took the GRE subject test (literature) in 2013 and scored a 50% - a perfectly reasonable score for the programs (English) to which I'm applying. 

I retook the test in Oct 2017 (one school wants scores under 3 years old) - the scores are unreported as I took it on the 28th. I felt as though I had done better on this test but feelings rarely align with results and I could have tanked. Who knows. 

So, for the handful of schools which want the subject test (and that will accept my old scores), should I send the "old ones" - or, should I send the unreported scores because they're more fresh?

FWIW, while all parts of the application do count (I really do believe that), these scores are near the bottom of the list, like near the Quant score. So, if I don't get in somewhere, it's not going to be because of the subject test score. 

Thanks!

42 minutes ago, GreenEyedTrombonist said:

Is there some reason you need to decide this before seeing your new scores?

A few of the schools needing the score have a strict "get it to us by the deadline" rule and - if ETS takes the maximum amount of time to report and send (which is possible) - they won't "make it" in time. If I send them now as unreported, I (believe) the school will see I've sent them (even if the score doesn't exist yet). 

If I wait and see what score I received (should be up by Dec 2), I will miss the window for a few schools (their apps are due less than 10 days after Dec 2). 

*I''m overthinking this - absolutely - but as this is my last go-around for apps, I have indulged the worst parts of my application-nerves*

Edited by a_sort_of_fractious_angel