UCSD Electrical

random guy

• 2 weeks later...

I have got admission for signal processing track around two weeks ago. But there is no news about funding? is there any chance for me to get fellowship at this time? I am an international student and I also have admission with funding from PSU but my preference is UCSD. In the ece website, it indicates that the department tries to support all its PhD students. SO, why there is news about funding?!

I have got admission for signal processing track around two weeks ago. But there is no news about funding? is there any chance for me to get fellowship at this time? I am an international student and I also have admission with funding from PSU but my preference is UCSD. In the ece website, it indicates that the department tries to support all its PhD students. SO, why there is news about funding?!

Yeah I haven't heard about funding yet and I got my offer early in February. I heard that they gave out a few fellowships, but I don't know what's next now (I'm in CTS). Anyone else has any information regarding funding for PhD students?

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. No idea. I tried writing to some professors, but never heard back. I wonder what they have planned for the ones who don't get a fellowship.

Yeah I haven't heard about funding yet and I got my offer early in February. I heard that they gave out a few fellowships, but I don't know what's next now (I'm in CTS). Anyone else has any information regarding funding for PhD students?

Nope. No idea. I tried writing to some professors, but never heard back. I wonder what they have planned for the ones who don't get a fellowship.

This really sucks.. I got no info neither.. funding seems to be really tight.. Does anyone know what's the cost of attendance for PhD if we only have to take 1 class? is it like 3K a year? :s

Hey, I just made a decision about Fall today. I'm was admitted to the Ph.D. track in CTS aka communications theory and systems. I was offered a one-year department fellowship. If you were at the recruitment event, hello again to you (and hello to everyone else too of course). I was an Asian male from a public university with a tiger as a mascot--not that I expect you to remember who that is.

I will be declining admissions to UCSD and studying elsewhere. Good luck to you all!