Sending a school new information

cogscimpi

The deadline for the application to my program was Feb. 5th, I sent all my materials a few days ahead of that. Since then, I've gotten an internship that is relevant to the field of study. Should I email the school, letting them know they can add an activity to the cv (which is not so very packed with relevant experience), or should I keep it to myself because it wouldn't make that much of a difference anyway/would seem like a desperate attempt?

I'm not sure if it would give more of an impression of industriousness, and a sign of dedication to work in the field, or an annoying applicant trying to pad her cv (which let's face it, I am)

I think that it's great that you got the internship but you don't actually have the research experience yet. A lot can happen between now and when you start so I think that you should hold off on trying to get that information to them. I'm not sure how your program works but I got into two pretty good programs having done one internship in my 4 years. Pray that you get asked to an interview and you cn discuss the upcoming internship then. It gives you something to talk about.