Harvard GSAS housing for couples?

Imenol

Hello,

Does any couple have any experience with Harvard GSAS housing? I have not been able to find much... Does Harvard offer affordable rooms for couples? Is it possible for two people to share a large room in one of Harvard's residence halls? (a large room in Richards, for instance?) 

As far as I remember, you won't be able to take advantage of dorm-style housing, and Harvard's other housing options are priced not-too-differently from the surrounding areas. My advice is to look for a 2BR in Somerville to split with a friend/other couple - pretty much the only way to afford Boston-area housing close to campus. Or, look in Dorchester near the Red Line. 

• 2 weeks later...

For GSAS dorms, the only building where you can do 2 to a room is Childs, in a 2 room suite. (They're dorm rooms, with a single twin bed.) And I believe that you both have to be Harvard students/affiliates for this. I don't think the dorms would really suit what you're looking for. I'd recommend finding off-campus housing.

On 1/17/2018 at 6:01 PM, pterosaur said:

For GSAS dorms, the only building where you can do 2 to a room is Childs, in a 2 room suite. (They're dorm rooms, with a single twin bed.) And I believe that you both have to be Harvard students/affiliates for this. I don't think the dorms would really suit what you're looking for. I'd recommend finding off-campus housing.

Any advise as to how to find off-campus housing from far away, since we will not go to the US any time soon? 

There are definitely people out there trying to scam, so do not take a place before you have been able to see it in person! I'd look into Harvard University Housing (off-campus, university owned, but some restrictions on who can live there), or consider arriving in time to find a place while staying in an Airbnb.

On 1/20/2018 at 6:18 PM, Imenol said:

Any advise as to how to find off-campus housing from far away, since we will not go to the US any time soon? 

The Boston-area housing market is awful. To secure a spot, expect to have to make your decision and give your deposit (first, last, and 1 month security) immediately after viewing.